Executive Vice-President / Partner
Vintage: Baby boomer.
Best part of working at Grapevine: Keeps me challenged.
Work philosophy: You have to enjoy it.
Favorite color: Cardinal red.
Favorite brainstorm technique: Whack on the side of the head.
Favorite hobby: Golf.
What I wanted to be when I grew up: Never have… never will.
Undergraduate and graduate studies at the University of Louisville.
Joined Scott Paper’s New Product Venture Group in 1975, launching several new products such as Viva, Job Squad and Cottonelle.
Joined Lantech Inc., a leader in packaging machinery, 1977 through 1995 as Vice President of Marketing and Research & Development.
Joined IPG in 1995 as Corporate Vice President of Marketing. Led an in-house marketing department and strategically launched new products / brands; led the firm through an IPO; integrated additional firms / brands through a three-year acquisition phase.
Partnered with his wife to re-establish Grapevine Communications in Sarasota in early 2002.
Current community involvement includes:
- 2016 C. John A. Clark Humanitarian Award - by the Lakewood Ranch Community Fund & Manatee Community Foundation
- 2014 Modern Pentathlon Sarasota Bradenton - Marketing Co-Chair
- Asolo Repertory Theatre – Board & Corporate Committee Chair, 2013-2016
- Y Foundation of Sarasota Community, Coalition for Children – Board Member
- We Care Manatee - Board Member 2014-2016