INTERNSHIP EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
It is assumed that all interns associated with an institution of higher education will receive college credits for their time on-site at Grapevine Communications. All interns are required to arrive at the assigned time dressed appropriately and prepared to work. Dress is business casual except on Fridays, when jeans are permitted. The exception to this is the Public Relations & Social Media position, as the intern may be required to interact with the media and/or clients in-person. Internships are unpaid positions, and interns will be required to complete daily timesheets. A Confidentiality Agreement must also be executed.
ART DIRECTOR INTERNSHIPS
Main responsibilities include shadowing the Art Directors to learn all steps and processes, from initial design stage to final pre-press and production. Assisting with InDesign ad resizes, Photoshop work and Illustrator logo designs. Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, going on press checks with Art Directors, color comp mock-ups, concept and design of various projects, filing jobs and samples, and whatever else may be needed to get design projects completed upon deadline.
WEB DEVELOPMENT INTERNSHIPS
The Web Development Intern will work closely and under the direction of Grapevine’s Webmaster and staff on a variety of digital projects. The intern will conceptualize, code and manage websites, e-newsletters and other web-based content as needed. The intern will review current search engine placement data, develop strategies for improving placement, and optimize client website content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance and update Joomla, Wordpress and HTML/CSS based websites
- Design, code, edit and disseminate e-newsletters using Constant Contact and Mail Chimp
- Crop, resize and retouch images for use in various web-based and print publications using Photoshop, Indesign and Illustrator
- Convert graphic designs into fully compliant, responsive design HTML and CSS templates for Joomla and Wordpress based websites using Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Monitor and report on the search engine placement and optimization status of client websites
- Familiarity with design software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong writing, grammar, spelling and proofreading abilities
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work independently and with a team to achieve project goals on a tight deadline
PUBLIC RELATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA INTERNSHIPS
Duration: Minimum of 3 Months
Public Relations & Social Media Intern is responsible for assisting with the public relations and social media initiatives within our company and on behalf of our clients. Duties may include conception, creation, management and implementation of PR and social media campaigns with the goal of enhancing exposure for the company and its clients.
- Promote products and services through public relations and social initiatives
- Disseminate press releases
- Create social media content for clients and the company
- Research media coverage and industry trends
- Conduct extensive media outreach
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics
- Manage information
- Executive summary and analytical reporting